Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Monday, April 28, 2014

This Girl.


So it's been a while. A long while.

I've been busy emailing, scheduling, ordering, coordinating, caffeinating, organizing, designing, proof-reading, printing and everything else that needs to be done in order to make our launch to the public go as smoothly as possible. And it's been awesome. I LOVE my job. I don't have to do this job, I GET to do this job. And every day I get to go to the office, or sit at the computer and work on God's work, I feel privileged. The farmer might think I've lost my mind, because if I ever do complain about my job (which NEVER happens, like, ever.) of course it's to him. But look, I never said I was perfect. I'm human, it happens. But for real, I have the best job ever.

So I've been busy. And the kitchen's been a mess. But now it's not - it's beautiful! It's seriously perfect. I'm blessed with an awesome farmer husband who can renovate a house like no other! I have this amazing, brand spankin' new kitchen. So there's that. Oh and there's this place called Parkside 23 that I've pretty much made my home away from home. Lunch is so peaceful when you can eat food you didn't have cook that isn't in the frozen pizza food group. I covet my lunch shifts that I have 10 extra minutes to enjoy some food.

Then there's that sweet face up there. The days of "spring" - if you can call it that - have flown by so quickly. Filled with just tons of stuff. There's been so much stuff that have filled my days that I cannot even believe that her birthday has snuck up on me. But in 19 short days that little peanut will be ONE! And I'm probably the worst mother ever because aside from the fact that I do not have a "Pinterest" worthy 1st birthday planned, I have not taken any of those "3 month", "6 month", "9 month" pictures that mom's post all over Facebook like the exact day their baby turns "6 months" old. I was going to do one on 11 months and post all about how I can't believe how in 1 month she'll be one year's old. And then the day got away from me and now it's practically her birthday and I have nothing to show for it. Parent fail.

So we're having her big bash at Chuck E Cheese because then there's no cake to bake, no food to prepare, no goody bags to buy, no cleaning to do. You just buy pizza and tokens and set the little rug rats free to run and scream all they want! It's gonna be awesome. But I did make her an amazing birthday invitation - that looks like the cover of "Elle" magazine. So I only took the fail train halfway to May 17. Now I just need to send them out so people actually know about the party.

This girl is so totally my daughter. She can eat her brother under the table. She loves trying new food - and almost always likes it. She lights up when her daddy comes in to the room. I mean she LOVES that man. But who can blame her? If we are both in the room and she gets to choose - she always picks her daddy. She's sassy, sweet and oh-so cute. She sleeps great, eats like a champ, and doesn't have an ounce of separation anxiety! She loves attention and loves being tickled. She can do "so-big" and "patty cake". Elle still crawls but wants so desperately to run, I can just tell the way she tries to stand up and take a step. I probably should have made her middle name "Trouble" but Elle McKenzie has a better ring to it.

So here's to taking in the last 19 days of having a baby and making the most, because she'll be a one year old all too soon. My little answered prayer, Ellie Bellie, Belly Booms. She's my girl, and I love her!

From the {cold, cold} Farm,
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment