Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Sunday, September 25, 2011

Work in Progress


Well, I attempted another makeover with one of my thrift-store finds. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but thought I would share anyways. Here's the creepy picture I bought at Goodwill for $4.99 (I was feeling generous, afterall we are "Supporting the Mission") I don't think this thing was worth that...but I know it's hard to find large frames for cheap, so I caved. I thought it had hidden potential, now I'm not so sure.  

 Creepy...right? I mean really...


Like I said, I had high hopes, thought there was major hidden potential with the frame (not the picture, of course) So disected it, got rid of the creepy kiddos and besides the weird old lady smell I was pretty excited. Well I painted it black, and got really excited about Modge Podge and that pretty floral paper I used on my side table...Ya know that saying "too much of a good thing" well, I think that applies here. 


Talk about way too much floral. That line I talked about in my last post between country and old-lady...I've officially crossed it! So back to the drawing board. I did come up with an interim solution because the flowers were creeping me out (not quite as much as the weird little kids) and so this is where I am...

And so, here's to figuring out what I'm going to do with my no-so-cute frame. But hey, it's better than what I started with...I'm sure I'll come up with something. Play-date in the morning, maybe I'll talk to my sister-in-law crafting genius, I bet she'll have a fabulous idea for it!

GOOD NIGHT! Happy crafting. ♥Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment