Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pirate Party Take 2!

Well, it wouldn't be August 7 without my annual blog post about my birthday boy! Remember after last years party I joked about having to plan 2 parties this year...who knew that'd come true!? Although I don't really have to plan two parties until NEXT year...but you know what I mean.

So Jack is 4 today. Man, that went fast. Time sure does fly. There. I said it. Again. I pretty much should just rename my blog "Time Flies" because I say it at least 3 times in every post. But for real. It does.

My little birthday boy requested a Pirate Party this year, which is funny because I threw him a Pirate Party for his 1st birthday, 3 years ago. Man times flies...haha just kidding. You thought I was crazy for a second, didn't you?

So when he asked for a Jake & the Neverland Pirates party this year I was a little hesitant, but he's finally old enough to tell me what he wants, so I thought "what the heck" let's do it again!

I mean he was so stinkin cute the first time around, I figured he's be pretty stinkin cute this time too! And I was right...

Fortunately for me this year has gone a lot more smoothly as far as preparing for the party. I scaled it WAY back, since the farmer and I want to throw an all out bash for his 5th next year...and I all but filed us for bankruptcy after last years "carnival". I think the farmer still has nightmares about that credit card bill...

I'll do my best to post some pictures  post-party. For now I need to go draw up a treasure map and fill some water balloons. Maybe I'll vacuum, or maybe I'll just hope no one looks that close...yep, probably that one.

I have to say that Jack is just the sweetest kid, he's so grateful! I did one of those pinterest plastic table cloth streamer decoration things...did anyone understand that? Anyways, I was working on it and Jack came over, watched for a minute and said "Wow, Mom. That looks great!" A little while later after the tables were all set up and decorated he said again, "Mom, the tables look great! Thank you!" I mean seriously, I can't make this stuff up if I tried. He's just so precious to me. I hope he has a great day and enjoys his pirate party! I just love that kid!

Sincerely,
The Farmer's [much less-frazzled] Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment