Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Thursday, October 11, 2012

Funny Story...

So, like usual, I haven't blogged since Jack's birthday. And the only reason I've decided to sit down and do this post is because of an encouraging request from my sis-in-law. I was just reviewing my last post about Jack's successful carnival birthday party (which in the time since I have lent the materials out for someone else to use, so all my work wasn't completely in vain) and I read the last line

Here's to another fun year ahead and looking forward to more fun ideas for birthday bash #4 Maybe by then I'll also be planning a 1st birthday...we'll have to talk to the farmer about that one *wink*

Well, surprise. While I won't have to plan 2 birthday parties for 2013, our family will have added a birthday by the time the year is out. Funny because I forgot that I wrote that in there and at the time I secretly knew we'd be "trying" for baby #2 very soon. But I knew no one would pick up on it since the farmer has been adamant about only having one child. So-jokes on you I guess.

On or around August 4 I stopped taking my BCP and no kidding, September 5 I found out I'd be expecting our 2nd bundle of joy. Fertile Myrtle. I have been to the doc since and everything is good-only one baby (I was secretly hoping for twins), and a strong heartbeat. So praise the Lord!

We decided to tell our families pretty much right away, because we knew their minds would be blown. We waited 2 weeks until we were having a family dinner-let me tell you it was the longest 2 weeks ever! It took my mom a minute to realize that Jack was wearing a "BIG BROTHER" shirt when we dropped him off a their house that night. My sister, on the other hand, took about .05 seconds to realize it and then the screaming, hugging and jumping up and down commenced.

Then the farmer's family. We went to dinner at an Asian-cuisine chain restaurant called "Stir Crazy". When everyone got up to get their woks at the buffet style "build-your-own-wok" station, the farmer and I left pictures of Jack wearing his "BIG BROTHER" shirt on the table next to everyone's seats. It didn't take long for them to see and react and needless to say they were all very excited.

And Jack, he had been praying so faithfully for a little sister (with a little encouraging from me) and I could tell he really wanted a sibling. I was really excited to tell him, I got the video camera out and the farmer and I sat him down and told him...expecting a great, excited reaction from our little man...we were a little disappointed at his less than enthusiastic reply, and it didn't make for much of a home video. But in the days and weeks since, Jack has become more and more excited. It's a little confusing for him still because it's not really apparent that I'm pregnant yet. He hugs me often and tells me he loves my baby and when he hugs me he's hugging the baby too. He usually asks how his baby sister is doing and I've had to remind him that we won't know if it's a brother or a sister for a while and the doctor will have to tell us.

We will be finding out the gender of the baby, I need to be able to plan. If it's a girl I have a lot of shopping to do, if it's a boy, I have a lot of praying to do-haha. Of course I would love a daughter to spoil and dress up and shop with, but Jack is such a blessing that another boy would be lots of fun too. I honestly can't picture my life with two boys though. Maybe I'd get more sympathy from the farmer for being the only female in the family? That alone might be worth a Y chromosome.

Well, pregnancy and children are such a blessing, I feel abundantly blessed that God would grant the farmer and me the chance to raise another child. I have such a long journey ahead of me, it's going to be hard to wait to meet this baby. May 18, 2013 can't come soon enough <3

I am going to make an effort to blog more, so I can remember this time. I did keep a journal during my pregnancy with Jack, and I can't find it right now, which annoys me (more than anything!) because I'd like to pick up where I left off and keep going. So until next time from the farm,

The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment