Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hormones, Cravings and Exhaustion-OH MY!

They say it's not a good idea to go to the grocery store when you're starving. Well, as I learned today, if you go to the grocery store when you're starving AND pregnant, it's a whole 'nother ball game. Seriously, it's just plain dangerous.

While my incredible, super-human, ridiculous hormonal rages seem to have subsided (for now, at least), my mid-day exhaustion has not and my cravings are getting increasingly worse. Sour Cream and Onion chips, yum. Trolli Gummi Worms...mmmm, YES! And the one I have yet to indulge is Taco Johns, oh sweet deliciousness. Next time I find myself out on Grand Ave in Waukesha that IS happening!

Each week seems to go by a little more quickly than the last, which is good news because I feel like the first 6 weeks took FOREVER! It didn't help that I was over a week behind what I thought when I went for my ultrasound. The end of this week marks 12 weeks and only one more week until the 2nd trimester-HALLELUJIA! Can I get an Amen?

So I ran to Walmart to grab an onion and half & half for the delicous-looking Broccoli Cheese soup I'm making for dinner tonight. An onion and half & half. When I remembered this awesome Red Baron deep dish pizza that I got last week. I immediately needed to have that for lunch. Like, anything else just wasn't happening. It needed to be that pizza. Ugh, don't you hate that? After staring at the pizza cooler for like 7 minutes I had to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't there. Now, I just went grocery shopping on Friday, they had it on Friday. Don't ask me why only four days later the thing was no where to be found. So annoying.

Long story short I went for an onion and half & half. I left with two frozen pizzas (because I couldn't decide on one-big surprise), sour cream and onion chips, Trolli Gummy Octopusses (becasue there were no worms, grr!), a block of Marble Jack cheese (to eat with my flip sides cracker/pretzels), butter (because I've learned there's no such thing as having too much butter), Keebler Club Crackers and Cheese (so random), new foundation (because a mouse ate my other one), an onion and half & half. So much for sticking to the list (one of the farmer's pet peeves about me). Oh well, hopefully that will be enough to last me a few weeks worth of cravings.

So until next time, hopefully I'll make it out to Taco Johns....because I literally laid in bed the other night trying to make up an excuse to go out to Waukesha. Taco Johns is so dear to my heart, they really need to put one closer to me! Like across the street in Muskego, next to the horibble McDonald's with the worst service in the history of the universe.

See ya around,
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment