Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Saturday, June 7, 2014

7 Years


Why do I get ideas like this ONLY at 1 am?
Seriously, though.

But it's officially my 7th wedding anniversary with the farmer. We took the plunge on 6-8-07 and life has been anything but normal ever since. We've had ups and downs, like any other marriage. We added two precious humans to the world's population. We've moved like 4? 5 times, I think. I don't even know, but they were all in the first year of marriage. We've lived on the farm now for 6 years.

I'm pretty tired so I'm actually going to keep this short.

I made that picture up there because I thought it would be fun to see how marriage has or hasn't changed us. I came to these conclusions:

-I love that man.
-I have shiny skin - not as in like radiant, but as in like oily
-2009 was a rough year - man that was an awkward family photo
-The first couple years after child birth my fashion kinda deteriorated, luckily I have seemed to figure it out
-I'm better blonde
-Girls change, boys really don't .... and that's pretty irritating

So really nothing about those pictures says anything about our marriage.
But I know this. I've failed him over and over again, and I will probably continue to do so. I suck at a lot of stuff, but at the end of the day he still loves me (or claims to, at least). He takes care of us and works harder than anyone I've ever known and for all of his sacrifice I'm so thankful. I had no idea when I said "I do" 7 years ago that all sorts of crazy wonderful would become my reality. I just thought we'd get cushy 9-5 jobs and come home and eat dinner and play catch with our dogs. [multiple] Business owners? Farmers? A laundromat? Who, me? Hahahaha, I would have laughed you right out of town.

But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So here's to the next 7 years and on. I love you Donald Richard Spielman, Jr. With all my heart to infinity and beyond.

-Your Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment