Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Wednesday, March 21, 2012

farm living in the city {explained}

I had one of those "aha" moments the other day as I watched Jack play in the sand. A seemingly normal activity for a child-whether they live in the city or in the country. However, the scene before me was not your typical, every-day, play-date in the sand. Allow me to explain.



 
If that doesn't sum it up for you, then allow me to elaborate. There are CHICKENS playing in the sand with Jack, all while cars enter and exit I-43 for which the on-ramp is in plain view. Not-to-mention the cat who watches on with a look as if to say "is this really happnening?" You know how cats can be...sarcastic, yet realistic.

This was one of those full-circle, oh-yea-I-live-on-a-farm-in-the-middle-of-the-city moments, that I just HAD to share. I had another one once, you can read about it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment