Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Friday, July 22, 2011

A Camping We Will Go

Another annual family camping trip has snuck up on me. Unlike years past, I'm completely unprepared. My first camping experience ever was horrible, I hated every second of it. Since that fateful trip almost 5 years ago now, I have learned the ins and outs of camping and have equipped myself with simple tools that help me enjoy camping to the fullest. I have a 5-page check list that every year about a week before camping I pull out, check off what I have and shop for what I don't. If I have everything I could ever possibly need and more, I love camping. I feel secure in knowing there's nothing that I don't have and I can fully enjoy myself.

I'm not sure what the deal is this year. It's 11:30. We're leaving in 2 hours and I haven't packed a single thing. I pulled my list off last night and have only glanced at it. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe I'm finally comfortable with the idea of camping and if I don't have everything and the kitchen sink I will survive! my family can attest that my organization during camping is somewhat superhuman. I'm not an organizational freak by nature, however when it comes to camping i suddenly morph into an OCD overly-organized nut.

(short break to start the packing process)

...it's official, I'm a seasoned camper. I just knocked out 60% of my list in a 1/2 hour. I just realized that I'm entirely not sure why camping preperation had to be such a production. And reading over my list is actually quite comical. It has headings and sub headings, bullet points, boxes to check off, things are double and triple accounted for (afterall, what would I do if I forgot the spray butter?) I mean seriously, I would be embarassed to publish this list. It is beyond excessive.

And with that, I will sign off to finish off the remaining 40% of my list. T minus 1 hour til lift off. Black Hawk Lake or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment