Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pity Party

I just found myself indulging in a moment of self-pity. I feel like as a mom/wife/waitress, if I'm not at home waiting on and constantly taking care of toddlers and husbands (not as if I have more than one, sometimes it just feels like it!), I'm at work where at least I'm paid to take care of people, but I'm nonetheless waiting on more people. Although, those of you who have worked in the service industry can understand this, sometimes no amount money is worth having some "guests". There are always those dredded customers that you just want to leave, you could careless about the tip-you just need them gone! Anyways that is neither here nor there

... I just found myself feeling sorry for myself because when I'm not taking care of people at home, I'm taking care of them at work. And I know I'm not the only one that does this, there are countless teachers, nurses, doctors, fellow waiters, -and the list goes on- that can identify with me on this one. All I'm saying is I selfishly need a break. So here's to some me-time. Going to the store today with NO toddlers and NO husbands.

Isaiah 51:11
...Gladness and joy will overtake them,
   and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Praise God for constantly giving me peace and reassurance that not my will, but His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment