Hello There...

Welcome to my blog. I'm a full-time mommy of a 4-year-old & a 0-year-old, part-time waitress and a rookie blogger. Living on a farm with my son, daughter and husband among dogs, chickens, ducks and other various wildlife keeps life interesting and anything but normal!



Thursday, October 6, 2011

Little Things

On this beautiful Thursday in October, I have been reminded again and again to be thankful for little things and how abundantly I am blessed. Today has been full of blessings, small ones, but blessings nonetheless...and I'm so thankful the Lord has been intentionally pointing them out to me because on any other day I may have missed them:
  1. We got to spend this beautiful fall morning playing at an awesome park with great friends.
  2. Got to wish a sweet old friend a happy 70th birthday and hear Jack wish her a happy birthday (which is always super cute)
  3. When I told Jack it was time to come inside after playing he simply replied "Ok, Mamma" and got out of his Cozy Coupe and followed me in the house. No fuss, no fight - just obedience! (Praise the Lord)
  4. Jack at a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich! He usually refuses sandwiches and only eats things for lunch that require time and preperation (ie macaroni, chicken nuggets, etc) So eating a sandwich today was a small victory in the ongoing "what-to-eat-for-lucnh" war.
  5. I took a jog with Jack-which I was too tired and lazy to do, but forced myself to anyways. Now I feel great, and Jack is sound asleep in his bed.
This day reminds me to be more intentional about seeking out the blessings in my life and not get caught up in the little struggles that seem to burden my spirit from time-to-time. I serve such a wonderful, powerful, loving God and He reminds me daily of His perfect love.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances ; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment